Monday 8 March 2010

an update

Blogging.

Blogging is one of a multitude of things I am not nearly as proficient at as my wife. You see, I looked at my blog today and realised that I haven't updated it since October, when I was single and not even engaged.

I shall refer you to my wife, MBC's blog:

www.librarianpants.blogspot.com


It contains all the information you might find interesting.

This morning I've found myself sitting in the office feeling that I should be at home with my new bride and coming to the realisation that work and school must go on. My task for today is to prepare a comprehensive outline for my thesis (MARK I). I feel like I probably should have done this some time ago, but have been dallying for whatever reason.

The title of my thesis is Design and Salutogenic Food Systems. I have decided to start with a series of questions which help refine my overall research question. I am going to prepare a mind-map, a la Tony Buzan, to help clarify my position and organise my argument. Tom once told me Tony Buzan owns a small island and presumably sips cocktails all day. I also presume his shoe laces are made from £20 notes.

Oh Tony Buzan, help me with just a sprinkle of your success...

Right, I'm off to make a mind map using this fab software I got from Davin called Smart Ideas, insert plug for Smart right here.

Right, off to work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I trust recent your lack of focus has been somewhat cured by the addition of a wife to your life. I had a similar thing (distraction) happen to me during my third year of college and I got a wifely cure I have never regretted. Her job is to help you focus, not to distract you.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Seem to be missing the new bride SKB. What is MARK I ? - DJB

Anonymous said...

You seem to be missing your bride. What is MARK I ?

Kirsten said...

Steve, I have added your blog to my Google reader. Hopefully this will inspire more blog posts since you now know you have MBC's faithful followers following you too.

Steve said...

Mom - Mark I just means 'Version 1'

Kirsten - That's good, I need the encouragement. My wife's blogging skills are far superior.