Friday 19 March 2010

Flock and Zotero

So....

One of the many perks of being married to a fully qualified librarian is access to knowledge.  I love knowledge.

This morning I set off to school to look after some dreadful thesis tasks.  My plan for today was to start integrating my transfer report in to the outline I've developed for my thesis.  It's a big step and fraught with technical problems.  The main problem was trying to figure out how to migrate my references, which were all done in EndNote, over to some sort of system that would work with OpenOffice on the Ubuntu operating system I have on my laptop.  I mentioned this to Mary Beth as I was leaving and shortly after arriving at school, she sent me an email suggesting I try Zotero.

Zotero is amazing.  In under 10 minutes I transferred all of my old references and began adding more.  It is such a good tool.

Being the person I am, I decided to watch all of the tutorial videos.  I also did this with EndNote, it was painful and took over 90 minutes.  These lovely little videos introduced me to Flock, a browser based on Firefox which bring together all sorts of our favourite Web 2.0 applications - YouTube, Blogger, Facebook and of course - Zotero.

Anyway, I'm trying this post out via Flock.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flock? Hmm I will have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Can you blog about how to compost? I need some direction again.