Tuesday 9 January 2007

Trip to Sweden

Despite the general fun-ness of life in Dundee, things did get rather dull and boring around here over the holidays. Everyone had things to do and family to visit, so I was suck sitting around doing nothing. I even tried to go to school, but actually got locked in the DCA! My key fits all the doors except the upper dead bolts. I was pretty sad really, so I decided that was an omen, to not go in to school for the rest of the week.

I was fortunate to have a standing invitation to go to Sweden to visit my friend Theresa and he family. It turned out to be the best holiday I've had in years. She has a marvellous family and cool friends.

Anyways here are some photos of the trip:



Here is a list of things I did in Sweden that were great:
-Ate some pickled herring (in a sweet mustrd sauce no less)
-Ringhals Nuclear Power Plant
-Gothenburg City Museum
-Gothenburg New Years Fireworks
-Ate some yummy Swedish cheese
-Heard "Take a Chance on Me" performed live (thanks Eva and Sophia)
-Volvo Museum
-Learned about Swedish music (other than ABBA)
-Went to the grocery store
-Went to church
-Met new friends
-Read some Kalle Anka and Bamse
-Ate awful candies
-Travelled on the commuter train
-Walked around downtown Gothenburg
-Julmust, lots of Julmust

4 comments:

Lunicrax said...

We'll turn you into a swede yet... ;) you almost liked Djungelvral, so you're far on your way.

Christine Leader said...

Well Steve... as you said on my blog comments section... Your still not cool.

But that "toque" makes you sexy.

Happy New Year!

Meg said...

I can't believe that you still have that touque! I remember you got that one at the same time I got one with purple hearts, I think I was six... that would have made you eight... that touque must be 20 years old!

Steve said...

The touque in question is at least that old. I can't find one with a puffy thing on top, which I require for aesthetic purposes.