Sunday 28 January 2007

This 'sucks'!

I have a good story to tell from yesterday...

I've needed a vacuum cleaner for a while, my flatmate's unit is broke. I've looked around quite a bit and I've found that a good vacuum cleaner is hard to find here in the UK. Everything seems to be those cheap plastic bagless ones. You can tell right away that they won't work. So I decided to do a bit of research. I googled "vacuum dundee" and it gave me one hit. A small shop just across from my flat. I had walked by it before and hadn't noticed it even being there.

I decided it would be worth the jaunt, since its barely even 100 feet away. I went in and found that it was only a repair shop, which was okay, because I figured that he would be able to tell me which brands and units are the best. He suggested that I just by the cheapest one because they are all rubbish nowadays. How true, I thought.

As usual, I got in to a good conversation with him about things and his dogs (he had 2 huge dogs there). After a bit he said... hey you know what, I have an old vacuum that I was just going to throw away. He said I could have it for free! I couldn't believe it, it was just what I was looking for, its old and sturdy and works! For his kindness, I figured that I'd buy £5 worth of filter bags...

I took it home and ripped it apart, cleaned all the gaskets and internal filters, wiped it out with a warm soap and water and put it back together. It works dandy!

From Misc Dundee

2 comments:

Christine Leader said...

hmm... I wonder what that comment was??

seeing as it was deleted. P.S. funny title... just punny enough.

Steve said...

It was actually a spam comment. I really need post more...