Saturday 15 August 2009

How I spent my summer holidays

Despite rumours to the contrary, I am still alive and living in Scotland. I would like to excuse my several month absence with the following lines stolen from my favourite band, The Weakerthans:

'I have a headache. I have a sore back. I have a letter I can't send. I have desire, it falters and falls down, it calls you up drunk at three or four a.m. to wonder when...'

Well, I wasn't drunk, but I did have a sore back and was off work (with doctor's note and everything) for a couple of months. If I appeared to be drunk, it was just the painkillers. That's been all sorted though, since about June.

What's my excuse since then? Well...

I was away for about 6 weeks, 4 to Canada and the 2 prior to various places around Scotland with my friends Daniel and Ben, brothers to Theresa of http://fenomenalarecept.blogspot.com/ fame.

So, here are photos for your pure enjoyment - Steve and Sandy's Cross-Canada Tour 2009:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=285824&id=608190647&l=e9f54f65aa

For those people interested - tour t-shirts will be available at a modest cost.

I promise to get right back to everyone with more important food and salutogensis-type stuff right as soon as I: finish compiling all the data from the spring field trials, writing a journal paper and catching up on all my fun APEGM stuff.

Cheerio!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see an update! Cali prays for you every night, so I am hoping that keeps your back intact.

Anonymous said...

Has Sandy's Dad drank all of hie Root Beer yet? Hey, when can I get T-shirt? Dad.